Phone: +880-2-8034341 sHot Line: +88-01780-162478 sEmail: info@becs.org

Research and Publications

 

BECS published more than 25 articles on Ophthalmology in National & International journals by Late Prof Dr M Mustafizur Rahman. He Attended and Chaired many National & International Seminars and Conferences on Ophthalmology.

 

BECS conducted the first ever and the only surveys on Glaucoma in Bangladesh till date namely, “The prevalence of glaucoma in Bangladesh: a population based survey in Dhaka division” in 1993 and 1997 with the technical and financial support of International Glaucoma Association (IGA), London. It was later published in British Journal of Ophthalmology in December 2004. It is found that 3.1% of the population above 35 are suffering from glaucoma and about 10% are suspected to be suffering from glaucoma. But the worst part is, only 4% of glaucoma patients know that they are suffering from glaucoma leaving the rest or 96% of the total population not being aware about glaucoma diseases while they are already been suffering from it. These are till date the only researches from Bangladesh that have been published in a renowned international Journal like British Journal of Ophthalmology.

 

Link to the publication of BJO:

http://bjo.bmj.com/content/bjophthalmol/88/12/1493.full.pdf     

 

 

Close Menu